Sydney - Melbourne - Brisbane - Gold Coast. Australia
Migration Agents
Blog Book OnlineEligibility Test

Other visas in Australia

Other visas

Living in Australia will be a new beginning in your life. And, to make this dream come true, you must do certain procedures before starting your adventure. The first thing is to have a valid passport, and then obtain a visa to travel to Australia.

Get a detailed description of the most common Australian visas. We will explain what requirements you need to meet for each of these, so you will know which one best suits your goals in Australia.

Student visa in Australia

If you want to study in Australia, you can do it with a student visa (subclass 500). With this, you can take courses lasting more than 3 months.

Additionally, you can study and work in Australia at the same time and legally for 20 hours a week.

With this visa you can:

  • Participate in an eligible course of study.
  • Bring members of your family to Australia with you.
  • Apply online inside or outside Australia.

Working Holiday visa in Australia

The Working Holiday Maker program has two types of visas to which you can apply depending on your country of residence.

  • Work and Holiday (subclass 417)
  • Work and Holiday (subclass 462)

With these types of visas, you will be able to stay and work in Australia in any type of full-time, part-time, informal and shift work for up to 12 months. You can also do volunteer work. You can study for a maximum of four months in addition to working during your holidays.

Working visas in Australia

If you want to come to work in Australia, you will need a visa that fits the job you want to do.

  • Short-term work visas: With this type of visa, you can work for a short period in Australia.
  • Temporary work visas: With these visas, you can travel to Australia to work temporarily. There may be conditions on your visa that only allow you to do a specific job or work with a certain employer. These are also temporary visas that provide a permanent pathway.
  • Permanent work visas: If you have a permanent Australian visa, you are already an Australian permanent resident. Learn about the permanent work visas available to which you can apply.

If you meet certain eligibility requirements and criteria, you can be part of the Australian general skilled migration program.

Tourist visa in Australia

If you want to travel to Australia on vacation, you will need a tourist visa. This has two types of visa for visitors:

Visitor Visa subclass 600: This type of visa is especially for tourists, business visitors or to visit relatives for 3, 6 or 12 months.

E-Visitor Visa subclass 651: With this visa, you can visit Australia as often as you want in 12 months. You can only stay up to 3 months each time you enter Australia.

Electronic Travel Authority subclass 601: With this visa you can visit Australia as often as you like in a 12-month period. You can stay up to 3 months each time you enter Australia.

To request any of these, it will depend on your nationality.

Take our Free Eligibility Test and find out if you qualify for the type of Visa you need,
you'll be one step closer to your dream!